KEYSTONE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
Confidentiality and Security
We use physical and technical safeguards to protect their information. We restrict access to the information to those who need it to perform their jobs. Any third-party business partners are bound by law to use the information only for our purposes. They may not disclose it or use it in any other way. We comply with all data security laws.
Collecting Personal Information
We collect personal information about our policyholders from different sources. For example, we collect information they send us on applications and forms. We may also collect information from consumer-reporting agencies, demographic firms, other medical providers, and the like. This data collection depends on the product or service we are providing.
Sharing Policyholders’ Personal Information
We do not sell our policyholders’ information to anyone. We may share this information with our business partners that carry out services, marketing and other matters for us. We may share policyholder information as required or permitted by law, and may share it for legal or regulatory purposes or to combat fraud. This sharing includes the following types of information:
- Information we receive on our applications or other forms, including (but not limited to) name, address, social security number, family member information, assets, income, and property and business addresses.
- Information from transactions with any affiliate of the Company, including (but not limited to), name, address, social security number, renewal dates, premium paid, years with the Company, policy coverage, account balance, preferences, claims, purchase methods and payment history.
- Information we receive from consumer-reporting agencies or other sources and reports, including (but not limited to) credit reports and loss history reports.
Information Sharing and Opt Out
We do not sell policyholder personal information to anyone for any reason. We do not share it, except to service our product and as set forth above. Therefore, there is no need for our policyholders to opt out. If we change our sharing policy, we will inform our policyholders and give them the opportunity to opt out before sharing their information.
Information Collected from Our Website
We may collect the information from our website that any person visiting our site provides, including (but not limited to):
- Requested information from our site
- Online tools and resources
- Subscriptions to online services and other information
- Completion of online forms
- Transactions conducted online
We contract with certain unaffiliated business partners who help us deliver our online products and services. Those partners may keep the information provided.
Website Visitor Data
We collect site aggregate and customer-specific information about the pages viewed on our site. We log IP addresses, browser and platform types, domain names, access times and referral data. We also collect information that is volunteered on surveys and electronic forms. This information is used to market our products and services, and to improve our website.
Collection of this data from our site is standard industry practice, and is generally used to determine how visitors use our site. We collect aggregate information on the public areas of our website. We also collect information on an individual basis on areas of our website that require visitors to logon using an ID and password. We may collect the following data:
- How many people visit our website
- The pages they visit and the features they use
- How long they stay on our website
- The website people come from before reaching our site
Use of “Cookies”
We store a cookie on a person’s computer when they visit our website. A cookie is a tiny piece of information that is required to create and maintain a secure session. Cookies allow a person to request information and do business online. The cookies do not have confidential or personal information. They do not track a user after leaving our website.
Other Online Security
The Company will also use a secure sockets layer (SSL), which will keep all information confidential when it is sent between our website and the user’s computer.
We keep the emails that are sent to us. If anyone agrees to receive email messages from us, we keep the information provided to us to send emails of specific interest. If anyone chooses to send us email, we keep the email, the email address, other email addresses provided, and our reply. Users of email should be cautious as to the type of information provided to us in that form – as with any public website, such a communication may not be secure.
Other companies and organizations may have web links on our website. We are not responsible for the collection, use or security of information by those companies or organizations.
Why We Collect Information on Our Website
We and our business partners use the information from our website for many purposes, including (but not limited to):
- Edits and feedback
- Marketing and promotions
- Analysis of user behavior
- Product development
- Content improvement
- Informing any advertisers of how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements
- Customizing website content and layout
- All policy numbers you want to access.
- A signed, notarized request.
We do not currently charge a fee to cover the cost of providing anyone with a copy of this information. However, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee in the future.
Anyone may request that we correct any inaccurate personal information maintained in our files. Please note that we do not control the information provided by third parties, or any information obtained from them (i.e. credit reports).
Keystone Mutual Insurance Company
13537 Barrett Parkway Drive, Suite 345
St. Louis, Missouri 63021
Include your name, address, policy number, and agent’s name and number (if any).